01/03/10

11th form regular

writing-letter1 TEST 4 – contents and structure

TOPIC: Text subject – migrations.  Composition general subject – stereotypes

Comprehension – I. Vocabulary matching exercise. 2. Referring exercise. 3. Give complete answers  on the text. 4. Completing sentences according to the text. (85 points)

Grammar: 1. Passive voice in rephrasing (Examples: They say that immigrants have more benefits from the governments than the autochthons – Immigrants are said to have more benefits from the government than the autochthons.  2. Double comparative (gradual increase/parallel increase). GRADUAL INCREASE: The weather is getting better and better.  PARALLEL INCREASE: The more I study, the more I know; the more I know, the more I forget; the more I forget, the less I know; therefore: the more I study, the less I know.  (75 points)

Production: You’ll be asked to comment on a given sentence. (40 points)

Sem comentários: